1. Preferred lies are allowed on a player’s own fairway as follows: the ball may be lifted, cleaned and placed within one club length, no nearer the hole, from where it originally lay so as to preserve as nearly as possible the stance required to play the original ball.
2. For reasons of safety, a ball driven on or over Wharf Road* from the first tee MUST be brought back to the tee side of the road and dropped within two club-lengths of where it first crossed the road, not nearer the hole. PENALTY IS ONE STROKE.
3. On holes 1, 2, 4 and 5, if a vehicle (Temporary Immovable Obstruction) parked on Wharf Road interferes between the player’s ball and the hole, relief may be taken as follows: (a) the ball may be lifted, cleaned and dropped at the nearest point of relief from the intervention, no nearer the hole; (b) the ball may be dropped behind the point where it lay, keeping that point directly between the hole and the point the ball was dropped; or (c) the player may opt to carry and drop the ball over the road in a straight line to the pin, incurring a one-stroke penalty.
4. On hole #5, within 15 yards of the Wharf Road,* indicated by stakes, the ball may be advanced to the drop zone across the road without penalty, only if relief, as in Rule 3(a), cannot be taken.
5. If a ball lands in the water hazard of hole #7, the player has the additional option to drop a ball in the drop zone provided on the green side of the hazard, under the penalty of two strokes.
6. A ball coming to rest in an area of a bunker that has not been maintained may be lifted, the bunker raked and the ball placed in the estimated spot where it originally lay.
7. If a player has interference (lie of ball, stance or area of intended swing) from the driveway, tractor road or gravel areas on paths and Wharf Road shoulder, relief may be taken without penalty. (Rule 24-2)
*The Wharf Road is defined by the paved portion of the road.
Dress and Deportment Standards
All players are considered to be ladies and gentlemen and are expected to conduct
themselves accordingly. Club throwing is not tolerated. Alcoholic beverages are not
allowed on the course. Proper attire is required for the course: slacks; golf shorts; shirts,
including collarless shirts with sleeves, designed to be outerwear and ladies sleeveless
golf shirts. Shoes must be worn. NOT PERMITTED: swimwear; tennis length shorts or
skirts; jogging shorts; tank tops; cell phones.
Personalized motor carts are to be used only by the families who own the cart. Cart usage
regulations and all direction signs must be followed to minimize damage to the course.
Cart use may be prohibited in exceptionally wet conditions. Cart drivers must be 16 years of
age and older.